XGSA_FD is a computation code for grounding systems, electromagnetic field and interference analysis in the frequency domain 0 – 1 MHz. Starting from 1 MHz calculation accuracy gradually decreases.
XGSA_FD uses a model similar to GSA_FD and referring to underground electrodes the two models can be considered the same.
XGSA_FD extends the GSA_FD application field to the aerial systems and can manage straight or catenary spans of single or bundle conductors (solid, hollow or stranded and coated or bare), and can take into account sources where potential and longitudinal current are known and independent by other conditions. The underground or overhead conductors can be connected in an arbitrary way.
XGSA_FD a multipurpose software and its use is not limited to specific cases.
XGSA_FD application field includes grounding system analysis but is oriented in particular way to solve electromagnetic compatibility or interference problems due to resistive, capacitive and inductive coupling in air or in the earth.
XGSA_FD can calculate the effects of lightning and also fault current distribution.
XGSA_FD is also useful to calculate magnetic and electric field due to underground or overhead electrodes (grounding systems, buried cables, overhead power lines) and can be used to investigate the effectiveness of passive loop mitigation systems.
- Additional Electrical data (e.g. conductors with potential and longitudinal current known and independent by other conditions, additional longitudinal and transverse impedances, etc.)
- Additional Geometrical data (e.g. aerial system layout and topology of all electrodes (up to 99), catenary constant, bundle diameter, bundle conductors number, conductor conductors section, coating thickness, material properties etc.). Each electrode consists in a network of arbitrarily connected (or separated) conductors
- Distribution of leakage current, longitudinal current, potential and electromotive force on the overhead electrodes with 1D (magnitude, real and imaginary), 2D and 3D graphical representation
- Magnetic field distributions on arbitrarily oriented straight line or horizontal or vertical rectangular area with 1D, 2D and 3D coloured graphic representations, for individuation of safe and hazardous areas
- Electric field distributions on arbitrarily oriented straight line or horizontal or vertical rectangular area with 1D, 2D and 3D coloured graphic representations, for individuation of safe and hazardous areas
As for GSA_FD and moreover:
- Analysis of aerial and underground systems of any shape, with choice of the total number of elementary sources
- Possibility to analyse up to 99 distinct aerial and underground electrodes on the same calculation
- Possibility to take into account sources where potential and longitudinal current are known and independent by other conditions
Possibility to analyse aerial straight or catenary spans of single or bundle conductors
Unlike GSA_FD, with XGSA_FD is not possible to exclude the mutual impedance effects between elements.